*This post is dedicated to Christi. Thank you for your love, friendship, acceptance, and encouragement to be ME!

I have been running through many different blog topics in my head lately but hadn't really felt that one stood out above the others. I find that maintaining a regular blogging schedule can be difficult for me as I need to be stimulated and passionate -- in the moment, so to speak.

In the past month, I have spent considerable time pondering the relationship between how society views vampires,therians, and otherkin (V/T/O) and the similarities between the often misunderstood lives of transgender individuals. The physical body, or as I refer to it, our "anchor", serves as a shell to the soul. As a Vampire, a Wolf, and a transman, the challenges of being in a body that does not match that of my heart, mind, and soul can be stressful, to say the least.

My sources of inspiration for this post are those who love me -- my friends and extended family. Revealing oneself as V/T/O is as trying as coming out of the transgender closet, so to speak. After many years of struggle with being an out and proud transman, as well as an outspoken advocate for the V/T/O community, I have "come into being", evolving to a state in which I have fully embraced myself in all capacities and am being embraced by those who I love.

Another source of inspiration was reading Justin MacGregor's blog post on Evolver entitled "Going Beyond Genders" in which his last two sentences truly spoke to me.

It's safe to say that almost everyone would benefit from moving through life with more simplicity of heart. The proper synthesis of both heart and head will allow us to transcend genders and coexist in harmony.

What Justin's post said to me was that we must all transcend not only gender, but move beyond the stereotypes that place limitations of our Being in general. Coexisting in harmony -- that means all gender variances, all soul variances, and all physical variances. In this process, we become One with each other and with the Universe, truly evolving into a more spiritually balanced individual.